Tel: +44 (0) 20 3740 8350
We are an independently owned investment management boutique with a strong partnership culture. We offer our clients the benefits of independence, stability and a long-term perspective.
We focus on generating real returns. This means protecting and growing the purchasing power of our clients’ capital. Founded on a global thematic approach and using proprietary research, we have a track record of superior investment performance with below average volatility.
Our investment team has on average over 20 years' investment experience and we take pride in offering our clients a personal service. We have offices in London and Zurich and we currently manage over £2 billion.
The business was originally founded in Zurich in 1993 by Anthony Rosenfelder and a London office was opened in 1996. In 2004, Stewart Newton, the founder of Newton Investment Management, joined the group. We have always understood and valued the importance of stability within investment management companies and in January 2013 the group restructured to ensure that the management of the business was aligned and focused on its clients. The current group structure emerged at that time
Our philosophy and culture stand out amongst our peers, guided by two founding principles.
Our investment philosophy is aligned with our clients' objectives – to protect and grow the power of their capital over the long term. We focus on real returns and consider risk as the potential for permanent capital loss. Our sole aim is to deliver long-term real returns, ahead of inflation, to our clients. Over 20 years, we have consistently achieved this aim by adhering to our common sense investment philosophy and process.
We have a deep-rooted culture of partnership. The investment team comprises fourteen experienced investment professionals who are committed to providing a personal service to all our clients. We are independently owned by the partners and employees, which creates stability and focuses us on achieving client objectives.
For many years we have been recognised by our peers through a number of industry awards. However, the stability of our client base tells us everything we need to know – people entrust us with their money and they stay with us.
- Cordelia Bowdery won Spears magazines’ Future Leader in Wealth Management award 2017
- Winner Citywire Wealth Manager Steady Growth Performance Award 2017
- Winner Citywire Wealth Manager Best Overall Medium Firm 2017
- Catriona Hoare named as PAM Top 40 under 40, 2017
- Winner PAM Award for Investment Performance, Growth Portfolios - 2017
- Winner Platinum Award, Investment Performance Aggressive Portfolios - Portfolio Advisor 2017
- Winner Investment Performance Steady Growth Portfolios - Citywire Wealth Manager Awards 2016
- Ross Ciesla named a PAM Top 40 under 40 2014
- Portfolio Advisor - Wealth Manager Platinum Award 2014
- Stewart Newton wins PAM Lifetime Achievement Award 2013
- Winner Investment Performance Steady Growth Portfolios - Citywire Wealth Manager Awards 2011
- Winner Small Firm - Citywire Wealth Manager Awards 2010 & 2011
- Winner Investment Performance - Defensive Portfolios PAM Awards 2011
- Winner Investment Performance - Growth Portfolios PAM Awards 2011
- Winner Asset Management Firm (UHNW) - Spear's Wealth Management Awards 2011
- Winner Investment Performance Balanced Portfolios - Citywire Wealth Manager Awards 2010
- Winner Investment Performance Steady Growth Portfolios - Citywire Wealth Manager Awards 2010
- Winner Investment Performance - Defensive Portfolios PAM Awards 2010
- Winner Image & Reputation High Net Worth - PAM Awards 2010
- Winner Best Balanced Wealth Manager - FT/IC Wealth Management Awards 2009 & 2010
- Winner Investment Performance - Growth Portfolios PAM Awards 2009
Living Wage Foundation
We are pleased to announce that from 17th October 2014 we have been accredited as a Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation.
The Living Wage commitment will see everyone working at Veritas Investment Management LLP, regardless of whether they are permanent employees or third-party contractors and suppliers, receive a minimum hourly wage of £9.15 - significantly higher than the national minimum wage of £6.50.
The Living Wage is an hourly rate set independently and updated annually. The Living Wage is calculated according to the basic cost of living using the ‘Minimum Income Standard’ for the UK. Decisions about what to include in this standard are set by the public; it is a social consensus about what people need to make ends meet.
Employers choose to pay the Living Wage on a voluntary basis. The Living Wage enjoys cross party support, with public backing from the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition.